July 12, 2012

301. Feeling Like A Warrior

Buôn Đôn Village, Daklak Province, Vietnam. 
Located north-west of Buôn Mê Thuột city, it is well known for elephant hunters and trainers.

I was hesitated to ride the elephant on my first visit to Buôn Đôn village earlier year,  but on my second visit that I finally gathered all my courage to give it a try with my mom, and aunty.  It felt like I was sitting on a slow moving ferris wheel.  As my well being was placed on the elephant and it's trainer, I hold on tight to the wooden rails and could not believe how high it was.  For the first part of the ride, the elephant walked through a rugged down slope path to get to the water bank.  Few times I thought the elephant was going to nose dive down the slope and I was going to get throw out of my seat but it was just my anxious thoughts since the elephant had make it to the water edge without any problem.  Next, it was half way submerged in water, I wondered if the weight of the four human being was over barring for the elephant while the elephant took it time to march through the water and back to the where we began. Thank you to my mom and aunty whom had encouraged me to give the elephant a chance, without them I would not have gone through it.  (~.~)
 
2013 Copyright © Andrea Tran