April 26, 2013

347. Tuscaloosa, Alabama, that I knew

          In 2011, I went back to Tuscaloosa for a friend's wedding. The trip brought back good old memories of the school I have attended, the University of Alabama, and it's surrounding environment.
          The Old State's Capital, where I had tagged along with my friends for their photography class assignments. It was my first introduction to SLR camera and I found it was complicated with all the knots and dials, this mentality had all gone now when I get my first DSLR on Christmas of '09 and I am glad.
          The university campus took up many blocks that adjacent to highway 82 and the Black Warrior River, and it was a huge place. It had a lot of open spaces between schools. On a nice day, students would take advantage of the school main lawn to study, have a picnic, play tagged football or stroll along the river bank. The school also used these open spaces to display various art pieces.
          Beside hanging around on campus, I also drove under those old railroad tracks because it was unique to me. It gave me a feeling of an old town with many hidden stories that was waiting for me to discover. These sentimental connections I had with Tuscaloosa is what I wanted to share with others, specially those that have asked me the question "What was there to like about Alabama?".

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
2013 Copyright © Andrea Tran